Buying a patio umbrella is a big investment, which is why you must ensure that you get the best possible one. There are many things that one must consider when they set out to find a patio umbrella that checks all their boxes. You may be considering a lot of factors such as the aesthetic appeal of the umbrella, or perhaps the functionality and the durability.Whatever the case, your patio umbrella should be exactly what you need and want.
Why Get A Patio Umbrella?
A patio umbrella is not just a valuable addition to your patio but is a notable addition to your life. A good patio umbrella can bring some healthy changes in your life, for instance, you won't have to spend your time cooped up in your room and can enjoy the summers under the shade of your patio umbrella.
It can keep you cool during the summers and let you enjoy the bounties of nature during the spring. If you'd like you can host several brunches or simply chill by the pool without the harmful rays or direct sunlight spoiling your leisure time.
A patio umbrella is like a life-long friend, with the right investment you can get enjoy your days in peace. However, not just any patio umbrella would do, you need the right umbrella with the right features. One of the most important things to consider when buying a patio umbrella is the frame.
All You Need To Know About Frames
Deciding the umbrella frame is very important as that is entirely where your umbrella is placed. A weak frame will not give you the durability you are looking for. A strong frame is very important to withstand bad weather or to pass the test of time.
Not just that, if you are looking to fit your patio umbrella into a certain aesthetic, you must make sure you opt for a frame that does it all and more. Let's dive into what types of frames are available and which option is the best fit for you!
Three materials are used to make the frame for the patio umbrella; these materials include wood, fiberglass and aluminum.
As with all wooden furniture, the wooden frame is a classic option. It can give off a very sophisticated vibe and work well with the patio and the nature aspect. If you have matching wooden furniture for your patio, the wooden frame is a great option as it will increase the aesthetic appeal by tenfold. There are different types of wood used to make the wooden frame such as bamboo, teak, and eucalyptus.
The fiberglass frames are an increasingly popular option and many people opt for this because of the resilience and strength it offers. The fiberglass is a non-corrosive material which makes it a great option for people who are looking for great durability. This material can be used in the coastal area as it is unaffected.
The fiberglass frame is also a very flexible option and can help people who wish to move their patio umbrellas every now and then. The fiberglass frame is also available in a plethora of colors and can be of great aesthetic value to go with your patio furniture.
If you're thinking ' Is Swiveling Really Necessary?' here are some factors that can help you decide whether you should get the swiveling umbrella or not.
Aluminum frames are practically the best option for people who are looking to get patio umbrellas. This is the most popular option for patio umbrella frames as it beats the other two materials by a landmark! The aluminum frame is a great option for those who are looking for heavy-duty umbrellas that are also lightweight. These frames are the best for durability and can be a great choice for your patio umbrellas. The aluminum frame is strong and is malleable which means that it will last you for a much longer time as compared to the other materials.
Among the mentioned materials, Aluminum is considered the best option. Read on to find out why.
Why Do You Need An Aluminum Frame For Your Umbrella?
There are several reasons why aluminum frame is the best option for you, let's take a look at all the reasons why you need an aluminum frame for your umbrella:
- The biggest advantage of the aluminum frame is the price point. As compared to the other two materials, aluminum is the best fit for the ones who are working with a low budget. It is an inexpensive alloy which means that the entire frame will cost much lower as compared to the other materials.
- It is important for your patio umbrella to be lightweight so that you can move it easily anywhere you want. Heavy patio umbrellas make it very difficult for you to change your position. With that in mind, an aluminum frame is lightweight and a perfect match.
- The aluminum is also malleable which makes it easier to turn it into any shape you want. It can make up different types of frames and have interesting designs.
- Patio umbrellas are very prone to rust since they are kept outside, which is why you must look for a rust-resistant material. Aluminum is a great choice in this case as it is inherently rust-resistant.
- If you live in a windy area you need a patio umbrella that won't break in the wind and the aluminum umbrella is the best fit for that.
- The aluminum umbrellas are also versatile, you can use different finishes of the aluminum frame and match them according to the other patio furniture you have.
If you are planning to get a patio umbrella, you must consider getting an aluminum frame as it has the best features and can check all your boxes! Contact Midtown Umbrellas to find the best umbrellas out there. We have the best designs and features for your patio umbrella needs!